Sunday, June 6, 2010

SAVE - Gap x CFDA x Patrik Ervell



Although the items may be pricey, considering the workmanship and name attached, I would definitely consider all of the items by Patrik Ervell on sale at the Gap x CFDA pop-up store on 53rd and 5th a save. Ervell got his start selling his pieces in one of my favorite stores, Opening Ceremony, and just recently won the CFDA/ Vogue Fashion Fund Award along with Sophie Theallet and Monique Péan.
Ervell designed a stiff jean, a white cotton sweater, a tweed and silk blazer, a white button down, and a white tee for the collaboration, all retailing significantly under his full-priced lines usual cost, while maintaining the same workmanship (the blazer is hand stitched). I picked up the white cotton sweater ($198) and the silk blazer ($248), both of which will be perfect for the summer, but versatile enough to transition into the fall. The fit of the blazer is slim and smaller (I had to go a size up from my normal 38 to a 40 just to move my arms), but fit perfectly once I found the right size.
Ervell's other wears can be found at Opening Ceremony down on Howard Street (or online), where his blazers retail for around $650-$1100.
Make sure to get there quick. I did a little research and discovered that everything on the floor (i.e. everything in this picture as of now), is all thats in stock for the entire run of the capsule collaboration. The pop-up remains open for the rest of the month, but with the phone orders coming in like the crazy the whole time I was there, I would make sure to make a trip next weekend. Save.

SOURCE OF PICTURE: Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.