Monday, June 7, 2010

LA ROUX at Terminal 5 - June 7th, 2010

I simply could not wait till tomorrow to post all of the amazing photos from the La Roux concert that just ended over half an hour ago. I also though I would share some "concert lessons learned" with you guys as well:

1. Never get to the concert until at least two hours after the start date unless you WANT to see the opening act, in which case, feast your eyes on the many wonders that will be bestowed upon you:

(I'll try to refrain from posting music reviews because I don't really think I have much of a valid opinion, but I can say with near 100% certainty that the illegitimate love child of Lady GaGa and Marilyn Manson that IS Atarah Valentine (the opening act), is nothing anybody would want to stand around for.)

2. When trying to procure a position closer to the stage avoid drunks, people that look generally pissed for no reason, anyone you may know, and people holding drinks (yep, learned that one the hard way as well - this shirt is going straight in the wash).

3. Bring your Canon G11 with you wherever you go to capture amazing moments like these:

(Their cover of "Under My thumb" was unreal)









(A quick costume change for the encore)




Overall an extremely dynamic and exciting show. As you can probably guess from before, the beginning of the whole thing was a little shaky, what with the creepy opening act and pissed off drunkards, but once La Roux took the stage it was all forgotten. Everything from the lights, to the set, to the clothes, to the songs was perfection. At about 50 minutes, the set was not too long, but after a long two weeks of exams, short and sweet was exactly what I needed.

(All photography by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.