Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wrap Up - Spring 2011 Menswear Presentations


That concludes my coverage of the spring 2011 European menswear collections. While I'm sure there will be more news to come on the season with the conclusion of the trade shows and the presentations in New York, this officially raps up the shows until September.

Overall, I think this season was extremely creative and produced some beautifully designed pieces that I will be sure to investigate next year. Hopefully the buyers will nip some of these awful trends in the bud by passing them over when it comes time to place their orders (male corsets, fanny packs, and biker shorts just to name a few), though I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an influx of double-breasted blazers and bomber jackets (two big trends for spring), in addition to a very carefully edited group of sandals, in stores come 2011.

I would like to thank GQ and WWD for all of the visuals and, again, Tommy Ton for the amazing detail shots. I always love looking at the collections and for an inexperienced fashion blogger like myself, the the assistance of these fashion powerhouses is essential. I hope you all enjoyed looking at my selections and reviews as much as I enjoyed putting it all together. Regular posting will continue, and expect more runway coverage come fall. Thanks!



P.S.
Just thought I would give you a closer look at that kick-ass Balmain leather jacket I was raving about earlier, courtesy of Tommy Ton:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.