Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Accessories - Paris - Spring 2011

Paris is full of houses world famous for their accessories, but I would say that this season was decisively average, with the exception of these standouts of course. Let's begin, again, with the shoes. Of course sandals are the main buy for spring 2011, and Paris was no different from Milan in respect to its numerous offerings. My favorite were the stringy, yet textured black pair from Louis Vuitton. Though many other houses showed sandals, I prefered these because of their lighter design.

Also in the footwear department was a great pair of black leather boots from Rick Owens. Beautifully minimal and the perfect height.

For the bags, Louis Vuitton is a must. While I wasn't a fan of their Scott Cambell collaboration pieces, I did like their simple black leather carryall which I can see as a worthy investment for the affluent traveler. I also found their green and blue checked bags cute. Maybe a bit too trendy at their sure to be high price point, but you can't deny they're fun.


Dries Van Noten also had a great tan leather backpack. Though maybe a little too feminine with its thin straps and buckles, it is a great size and has just enough storage.

Though they weren't entirely noticeable on the runway, Tommy Ton did get a great shot of the Kenzo watches, all of which I think are a must have. Their beautifully leather bands and faded silver faces are an instant classic and, in black, will go perfectly with any outfit, dressy or casual.

Finally, the sunglasses. Thom Browne gave almost every model a pair, and while most were oversized and completely feminine, there was one model that I thought was just edgy enough to stand out, but still let you retain your masculinity.

Dries Van Noten also sent a retro wayfarer in tan down the runway. The frames are big and round, so they definitely won't work on every face, but if you can find them, I think they are worth a try.

And last, but certainly not least, we have Acne's selection of shades. Their version of the wayfarer, in gold and in the forefront of the shot, is one of the best looking pair of sunglasses I've seen in a while. Hopefully they come in a more modest color, in which case I will definitely be swinging by their Greene St. location to pick up a pair for myself. The other shapes are fun, but a little to "3-D glasses" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.