Monday, September 13, 2010

Patrik Ervell - Spring 2011 - Review

Patrik Ervell stuck to what he does best for Spring 2011: stunningly slim and boyish suits and jackets, elegant outerwear, and rounded collar button up shirts. While I'm not exactly disappointed by this collection, I am most certainly underwhelmed.

If I could own everything Mr. Ervell produces, I would certainly be a happy camper, but at the end of this brief collection I am left wondering, "Where is the runway?" This is a runway presentation is it not? To me, these garments look as if they are walking straight from the runway into stores. While it's all well and good to be wearable, this simply lacks pizzaz!

Yes, everything looks great, the colors are gorgeous, and the fit is impeccable, but one needs to find the medium between the outlandishness of Rag & Bone's Spring 2011 showing, and the controlled nature of this collection. I've seen it done many times this season, so it makes me question the necessity of showing for these designers who present less of a lifestyle that must be communicated on a runway than they do simply elegant clothes.

At the end of the day, I'll still be a Patrik Ervell customer. I would die for the navy car coat, the black blazer, and the tan crew neck sweater. While he hasn't moved in any new direction or taken any risks, his clothes are still chic. They simply have more hanger appeal than they do runway appeal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.