Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lanvin for H&M - Lookbook


A few months ago I posted about the H&M and Lanvin collaboration that was in the works. Well the lookbook is finally here, but I'm sad to say that I have a few mixed feelings.

Right off of the bat, I was excited about the fact that H&M didn't make Lucas Ossendrijver (Lanvin's Menswear designer) skew his creative vision for the collab: a blazer with piping, fuller dress pants, and colorful patent leather shoes populate the fashionable collection that screams, "LANVIN!".

On the other hand, though those pieces are exciting, there certainly isn't anything too avant-garde. While this may seem a little contradictory to my former comment, let me explain a little further.

Lanvin is known for stylish mens pieces at exorbitant prices. They can range anywhere form a white seersucker dinner jacket, to a classic white tee bejeweled with sequins in the shape of a mosquito. This collection is no doubt Lanvin, but, unfortunately, none of my favorite pieces that I would be too afraid to buy full price trickled down. The women's collection, dissimilarly, has tons of outlandish pieces, clones of which are probably sitting in the windows of Bergdorfs or Barneys right now!

That said, I will certainly check out the more dressy options (especially the killer tuxedo jacket) to add a little pop to my wardrobe, but, overall, I don't find it exciting enough to wait online and fight some 6 foot hipster for.

Tuxedo- $299, Bowtie- $29.95, Shirt- $49.95, Shoes- $79.95, Sunglasses- $19.95

Blazer- $149, Shirt- $49.95, Tie- $29.95, Pants- $59.95, Shoes- $79.95, Sunglasses- $19.95

Coat- $249, Pants- $59.95, Scarf- $49.95, Shirt- $49.95, Shoes- $79.95, Sunglasses- $19.95

(TITLE IMAGE: Coat- $149, Blazer- $149, Shirt- $49.95, Bowtie- $29.95, Pants- $59.95 Cap- $19.95, Shoes- $79.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.