Friday, November 26, 2010

SPLURGE - Wings + Horns Vest - $495


Upon further investigation, I discovered that the Penfield piece I suggested in my last vest post was actually not the world's most flattering garment. In lieu of my mistake, I have decided to supply you guys with another option from Wings + Horns that is possibly one of the chicest gilets I have ever laid eyes on.

Wings + Horns began as the in-house brand for a Canadian manufacturer with a specialty in high-end fleece basics. Today, they produce a full range of menswear with an emphasis on solid construction and Japanese influenced design.

I've been eyeing this piece for a while in my search for a great Fall/Winter vest, and decided that I would finally treat myself to it this holiday season. Taking advantage of yesterday's Black Friday offers, I was able to procure it for 20% off on Blackbird, which made the purchase even more exciting.

The vest is a beautiful color speckled wool with duck down stuffing, shawl collar, two patch pockets, and two smaller button down ones. The fit and comfort are unparalleled, and along with all of the details and features, make this garments worth the rather large price tag. Splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Natty NYC

A collection of items, videos, songs, happenings, people, places, things, and the like that embody the natty lifestyle in New York City and abroad.